3-D Laser Scanning.
Eliot Sinclair & Partners has a strong surveying team led by experienced Registered Professional Surveyors and comprises of Licensed Cadastral Surveyors, Graduate Surveyors, experienced Survey Technicians and support staff.
ESP’s surveying team is one of the largest, most experienced and technologically driven in New Zealand. We have developed specialist surveyors from within our team to undertake 3D laser scanning and point cloud processing. Eliot Sinclair & Partners owns Leica P40, Faro X130 and Trimble SX10 scanners and has the capability of scanning up to 600 metres from the subject surface. We have amassed considerable 3D laser scanning experience and the delivery of 3D point cloud data in several software environments. More recently, the use of 3DReshaper software has allowed us to deliver modelled 3D surfaces for engineering design and infrastructure and land form analysis.
We use Leica Cyclone, Trimble Realworks and 3DReshaper software for 3D point cloud processing/modelling for use in software packages such as AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Revit and 12d Model.
Recent scanning work includes:
- Port of Lyttelton wharves and infrastructure post-Christchurch Earthquakes Sequence (CES)
- The Christchurch Cathedral and the Arts Centre post-CES
- Railway tunnel portals
- In-situ underground services
- Building Information Management (BIM) – buildings under construction and as-built
- Scans of a high-rise hotel lift shaft for structural engineering assessment
- Wall verticality scans of earthquake damaged residential and commercial buildings, multi-storey car parks and high-rise and heritage buildings to assist structural engineering assessment and conservation.
- Scanning for earthworks and engineering design.